Monday 28 March 2011

Eggplant Torta


Eggplant, Mozzarella & Parmesan Torta
from The Country Cookbook: seasonal jottings and recipes, Belinda Jeffery, Lantern, 2010

Again I have gone back to this cookbook, this time to make this savoury torta of layered eggplant and cheeses. While I really like eggplant, I dislike it immensely if it is not fully cooked. The thin slices of eggplant are first grilled and I made sure at this stage that they received a good grilling.

The meal was a bit of mucking around preparing the eggplant first and then building up the torta. It was interesting to make though.

The result was a large, flattish-looking cake on a plate. Served in slices with vegetables it made a tasty and different meal. It also went down well served cold the next day.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔

As some of these books may be out of print if anyone would like a particular recipe, email me (alfcooksvegetarian@ozemail.com.au) and I'll send an abbreviated version. Of course, the whole book would be better; it's loaded with other goodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment