Tuesday 19 April 2011

Yoghurt, Mint and Barley Soup


Yoghurt, Mint and Barley Soup
from Turkey: Recipes and tales from the road, Leanne Kitchen, Murdoch Books, 2011

I keep returning to this travel/recipe book to browse through the pages to look at the photographs of the Turkish people and countryside. Happy memories of this country are reawakened at each page. 

The illustrations of the foods too stimulate me to make them all. I settled on trying out a soup.


There were no complications in the making; it was all very straightforward. It was a mixture of several of the tastes I enjoy: barley, mint, yoghurt and lemon. Hence I loved it. My partner just didn’t like it at all and after several attempts abandoned the dish (I ate both bowls). 

I guess it’s all a matter of taste with this one. The score below indicates my reaction to the dish.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment