Friday 24 June 2011

A Cauliflower Salad


Cauliflower, Feta & Preserved Lemon Salad
from The Country Cookbook, Belinda Jeffery, Lantern, 2010.

The ingredients of this salad all sounded as though it was going to be delicious: cauliflower, feta, olives, rocket, preserved lemon rind and a tasty lemon flavoured dressing.

The instructions, as always in this book, are clear and easy to follow. I have complete confidence when using the book, gained from the style of the writing, which is friendly and generous in its information, and from the successful results from previous recipes tried.



Consequently the salad turned out as I had anticipated. I served it still slightly warm but, oddly, the lemon flavour had a tang to it that was not as pleasant as it should have been. Possibly it was the lemon pressed olive oil which I was using. There was quite a bit of salad left over. This was placed in the refrigerator.


Next day at lunchtime I took it out and took a few pieces out of the bowl to try. They were delicious and I kept going back to the bowl to have a little more. It was a reasonably large bowl but I finished it off by myself in two days of picking at odd moments. I suspect that much of the dressing had sunk to the bottom of the bowl and the oil had set and so its flavour had diminished.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment