Saturday 30 July 2011

Hotcakes for breakfast


Ricotta Hotcakes with Honeycomb Butter
from Sydney Food, Bill Granger, Murdoch Books, 2000.

Very rarely do I cook anything for breakfast. It’s usually just cereal with cold milk. But this Sunday morning I was in the mood to make something. Naturally, I suppose, I turned to Bill Granger’s Sydney Food.



Being a hotcakes fan, I turned to these ricotta hotcakes with honeycomb butter.

The butter was a breeze to make. I did use a chocolate-coated honeycomb. How can you resist added chocolate?

The hotcake mixture had ricotta added to the usual mix. This also was no problem to prepare. I do think it’s vital that breakfast food is easy to make.



I failed a little on the frying of the cakes. I was using a new cast iron griddle and I think I was treating it a bit too gently. Next time it will be broken in and will be no problem.

The results: Tasty hotcakes enlivened with the honeycomb butter. This butter is so good. There was ample left over and that is currently being used up on toast.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment