Friday 19 August 2011

Another Pumpkin Soup


Butternut Pumpkin Soup with Blue Cheese and Walnuts
from Vegetarian, Pippa Cuthbert and Lindsay Cameron Wilson, New Holland Publishers, 2010.

I have not been particularly happy with this cookery book. It has many errors in it (See my blog ‘A Cook Book to Avoid’). However, to date, I have only cooked two items from the book. I thought I would give it another chance with a different recipe. I tried a soup. It’s difficult to go wrong with a soup.



Because there were so many errors in different recipes I gave this a thorough read through before going very far. Everything seemed to be in order.



It was a simple soup. The butternut pumpkin has a sweetness to it that was nicely modified by the addition of blue cheese and the brown butter sauce added at serving time.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment