Friday 19 August 2011

A Refreshing Salad


Roasted Butternut Pumpkin with Sweet Spices, Lime and Green Chilli
from Plenty, Yotam Ottolenghi, Ebury Press, 2010

I keep returning to this book because the recipes have something about them that excites me to making them. They are fresh and modern. They combine ingredients in a way that I would not have imagined.



This particular salad is a good example. Pieces of roasted pumpkin with slices of lime and green chilli would not be on my mind as ingredients to make a salad. I would not have thought of using cardamom to add flavour to roasted pumpkin.



It all worked extremely well though, in my case, I think I overdid the cardamom a little as its flavour was a bit on the strong side. The slices of lime were refreshing against the soft mushiness of the pumpkin. And the dressing of yoghurt mixed with tahini was a highlight.



Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔ 

No comments:

Post a Comment