Sunday 30 October 2011

Quinoa and Grilled Sourdough Salad


Quinoa and Grilled Sourdough Salad
from Plenty, Yotam Ottolenghi, Ebury Press, 2010

I’m still a bit uncertain about quinoa. It’s such a fiddly ingredient and seems (when I use it) to get all over the place. It’s flavour is also quite bland and sometimes you feel as though you aren’t really eating anything. Nevertheless, I will keep with it. No doubt I’ll eventually get to like it.



I always trust Yotam Ottolenghi’s recipes so this was a good way to practise using this tiny grain.



The recipe was a simple one and a variation on Arab bread salad, fattoush. Basically it was a matter of cut and mix, though the quinoa had to be boiled first and the bread baked until crisp.



The result was reasonable. I’m still not convinced about quinoa though.

Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔ 

No comments:

Post a Comment