Sunday 22 January 2012

White Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Terrine


From Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cookeer, Robin Robertson, The Harvard Common Presss, 2004.

When you purchase some pâté knives it surely is incumbent upon you to make a pâté. I looked around and the first recipe in this book was for a terrine. It looked as though it would be pretty acceptable as a pâté so I thought I’d have a go at it.



I had never used this book before though it had been on the bookshelves for a while. I think it was the fact that it was a book of recipes for using the slow cooker. While I find the cooker is handy for some meals I’ve never been convinced about its general use for vegetarian meals. This one worked somewhat in changing my opinion. I’ll see whether further cooking from this book confirms this change.



The preparation was easy. Cook onion and garlic. Soak sun-dried tomatoes.
Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree. They were then placed in small containers and steamed in the slow cooker.



For a pâté it turned out to be a little crumbly (it was a terrine) but it was very tasty. For a party nibble it’s worthwhile because the preparation is so easy and then it’s up to waiting for the steaming (four hours) to be completed.

Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment