Thursday 1 March 2012

Minted Carrots with Goat’s Cheese


From Moroccan, The Australian Women’s Weekly, ACP Books, 2011.

I frequently commit the sin of putting two different cuisine dishes together. While some chefs seem to be dismayed whenever cuisines are not kept accurate to their source and should not be tampered with, I, as a home cook, am quite happy to mix and match whenever it pleases me.

I needed an accompaniment to go with an Italian recipe for zucchini flower fritters and, without any feeling of guilt, went looking in a book of Moroccan recipes. The recipe for minted carrots with goat’s cheese seemed as though it would suit and it was relatively easy to put together.



A bunch of Dutch carrots was simply oiled and seasoned then put on a grill for about 5 minutes. While they were cooking some cumin seeds were dry fried until fragrant.



It was then simply a matter of putting together the carrots and the cumin seeds with mint leaves and crumbled goat’s cheese.



An easy accompaniment to prepare and quite flavoursome. I did feel that the carrots were still a little on the raw side and in future if I prepare carrots this way I will give them a brief dunk in some boiling water to soften them up just a fraction. Other than that a good dish to go with.

Taste: ✔✔✔ 
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment