Saturday 3 March 2012

Zucchini Flower Fritters


From Italian Food Safari, Maeve O’Meara with Guy Grossi, Hardie Grant Books, 2010.

Walking through the local markets I spotted zucchini flowers for sale on one of the stalls. I knew I had a recipe for them and had wanted to try them so I was able to please the stall holder by purchasing some.



The recipe in the book was supplied by Lina Siciliano and it is basically a very easy dish to prepare. Three flours (plain, SR and cornflour) were mixed together and turned into a paste with water. This was seasoned and chopped parsley was added.

It was then the turn of the zucchini flowers. They were washed, sliced and added to the mixture. Tablespoons of this were then fried. All very simple to prepare.



Possibly I had not done very well with the cooking for these turned out to be rather ordinary. The flavour of the flowers was possibly very subtle for I missed it. I think next time I see zucchini flowers I might try to use a stuffed flower recipe and see if this changes my mind about them.

Taste: ✔✔✔ 
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment