Friday 13 July 2012

Turkish Flat Bread


From À la Grecque, Pam Talimanidis, Hardie Grant Books, 2009.

In the need for some bread to have with a tagine I turned to this Turkish flat bread. It’s quick and easy to make and goes well with juicy meals.



It was simply a matter of mixing together 250 g of plain flour with a tablespoon of red wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, some salt and sufficient cold water to hold it all together. I kneaded it for 2 or 3 minutes and then covered it with plastic film and placed it in the refrigerator for about an hour while I got on with the other meal.



When it was time, a flat griddle was placed on the stove to heat up while I divided the dough into four pieces and rolled them out into a rough circle. They only took a couple of minutes on each side on the griddle and they were ready.



I’ve turned to this recipe a couple of times and have always found that it works out, despite the fact that I do make little changes to the basic recipe, such as increasing the amount of vinegar.






Taste: ✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment