Thursday 13 June 2013

Penne with Tapenade, Roasted Onions and Pine nuts


From Australian Gourmet Traveller, May 1999.
Browsing through an old Australian Gourmet Traveller I came across this easy pasta dish that seemed worth trying. 

I turned on the oven to heat up to 200ÂșC and then cut two red onions in eighths. I placed these on a baking dish, dribbled olive oil over them and then sprinkled on one teaspoon brown sugar. When the oven had reached its temperature I baked them for 20 minutes.
In the meantime I made a tapenade by placing some pitted black olives in the blender and roughly pureeing them with some olive oil.
I dry-roasted some pine nuts in a pan until they were golden.
I now heated up a pan of salted water until boiling and then placed in some penne. When it was done I drained it, dribbled on some olive oil and then mixed in the roasted onions and the tapenade. When it was served some pine nuts were sprinkled on top.
I did enjoy this pasta. The sweetness of the red onions went extremely well with the saltiness of the tapenade. One to remember, I think.
Taste: ✔✔✔✔
Ease of cooking: ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment